As I look back on the past year and look to the year ahead, I think about all of the wonderful things that make Baker so special. I created my own Top Ten List to focus on what’s been going on so far this year. As always, if I can help you in ANY way, do not hesitate to contact me at 946-8388.
Top Ten Reasons Why Baker is the BEST!
- Extra-curricular activities: Sports, music, art, newspaper, special program and assemblies, food/cereal drives, special dress days. Baker students ALWAYS participate.
- MAP Growth and BAS (Benchmark Assessment System); two assessments to determine a student’s current level in Math, ELA and Reading. Teachers can then differentiate lessons and provide special assistance to those in need.
- Number Worlds and LLI (Leveled Literacy Intervention); two intervention programs for Math and Reading to help students progress to their grade level.
- EM4 (Everyday Math); the second year with this Math program. Students are taught to think, show and explain their answers. Students enjoy playing the “Math games”.
- FEAR Factor/Fitness Grant; students will try new foods for a chance to win fitness prizes.
- PAWS (PAWSitivity, Appropriate Actions, Willingness to Help and Shows Ownership); students earn rewards and “spend” those rewards on the prize cart and/or a monthly activity.
- Band-it Program; students are chosen every three weeks. These students exemplify the qualities of a Baker Student and receive “special” opportunities.
- Award-Winning School; High Achievment Status, Title I Distinguished School Award and Growth in our SPP (School Performance Profile) for the 2017 PSSA.
- BAKER staff; they demonstrate knowledge, expertise and experience while being kind, caring, respectful, honest, etc.
- BAKER students; they are kind, caring, respectful, honest, dependable, etc. They are the BEST!